International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Insignia booklets-Sixties era!

Hi everyone!
Chuck Anderson here!

I have a small number of booklets published during the 1960's by the U.S. Department of Defence on various nations. These are called Pocket Guides, and they were given out through a bases's Family Service Centre for the purpose of initially acquainting people going overseas to the particular nation in which they were being stationed.
Each booklet has colour illustrations of a nation's armed forces insignia of rank, all branches. As these particular Pocket Guides are from the sixties, they provide a unique perspective into how a particular country's rank insignia looked in that era.
The booklets that I have cover the following nations:
Great Britain;Greece;Italy;Japan (2 copies);Philippines;Portugal;Taiwan;Turkey; and VietNam (2 copies).

I am giving these booklets to Pavel Mococh and I'll send them the very day he gives me a good, current mailing address.
I believe that Pavel can make the best use of this information because if he can make use of at least some of it, then he can share this information through his website, giving the greatest number of people access to it.
Sincerely,
Chuck Anderson
USAFWO1_1975@military.com

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)”