International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

From my vision of the Terminator: Salvation.

Hi, I was watching the movie, the Terminator: Salvation, and did not like some aspects. Here is my take on the resistance army. The Resistance in my version much more tech savvy and far better equipped since the events happened a decade later than in the movie, thus had time to develop new tech for both sides. In my version the resistance to the rule of machine take two forms -- the regular, so called Ant-Machine Army (Navy and Air Force), and the other just former civilian groups. Because of this, there two suits of insignias, the regulars wore just like the US Army on shoulders or collars, while the rest on special red bandannas wrapped around an arm: http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/107/l_6b8cb2998fbb411d9a289bcbe3e821e1.jpg I as well did the Naval version: http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/75/l_5dc38f4c445b41bea16ea25372ffbdb1.jpg Some note, the that's all for two divisions, there no marines, nor there no special forces per say. All "marines" are ad-hock forces, while entire army could consider as special forces, however, there some "elite units."

Zibster, smilies-26 smilies-33 !
Last edited by lordziba on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tounushi
VISITOR
VISITOR

I doubt the resistance would devote too much for uniforms other than BDUs, as they are fighting a power that basically controls most of the earth's material resources.
The stuff the Resistance uses is merely leftovers. The generals and admirals in Resistance HQ wore their own national rank insignia. Therefore the resistance might have a unified rank structure, but not unified insignia (except for the bandanna).
But, I might think they'd sew some sort of rank indicators on the bandanna. I thought I saw a chevron on Connor's bandanna, reinforcing this theory (though it might just have been how he wrapped it around his arm).

Also, they seem to be using a helix as an emblem/cockade, as Ashcroft had a pendant with the logo, and the russian admiral had collar pins with the same design.
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Two things, first, I noted clearly, it is my vision. Ok, why my vision, did it occurred, that every time Kyle Reese travels to his version of past, the future for humanity changing. In my version all Skynet events occurred rather circa 2049, not 2018, thus had time to develop combat walkers and new VTOL craft, and goal of Skynet for some unknown reason changed: from complete eradication of humans initially, to the giant concentration labor camps bend on manufacturing new improved warmachines. Second, as to "Russian Admiral," I think that was a German Luftwaffe officer (I am not even sure if he was a general). Furthermore, I might improve the images by re-doing them.

I hope this makes sense, Zibster smilies-10 !
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

I did even more elaborate uniforms based on Gundam, Duchy of Zeon: http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/51/l_4a9b44556a894a4a9ee8e44293c812f3.jpg

So, this is "new" version, Ziba smilies-29 !

Return to “FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA”