International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Ill Bethisad: Federated Kingdoms

For the Ill Bethisad timeline, I came up with systems for all 3 constituents nations of the Federated Kingdoms, a loose stand-in for the United Kingdom that contain Scotland, England and Cambria (Wales).

Each nations has its own distinct army and traditions so I wanted their insignias to reflect this but at the same time I wanted someone from our timeline to recognise them all as british.

The first is for the Kingdom of Cambria which is based on the royal navy with the enlisted using chevrons and bars which I felt complimented the cuff rings.
Attachments
kemr-rank-insignias.png
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Ill Bethisad: Federated Kingdoms

next the kingdom of scotland, closer to OTL british army but not identical with the warrant officers using the four chevron up used by some non-combat NCOs
Attachments
ib-scotland-army.jpg
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Finally, the Kingdom of England which I made as complex as possible while still looking somewhat plausible.
Attachments
ib-england-army.jpg
Marc Pasquin
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Like how the lower non-com. ranks in the English army echo the equivalent RN rank badges (fouled anchor for LS, crossed anchors for PO).

Still with England, why are 2nd Lieut. and Maj. in white metal rather than brass?

Finally I'm pretty sure the general's device should be a cutlass crossed with a baton, not another cutlass.

Great work.
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

jrichardn2 wrote: Still with England, why are 2nd Lieut. and Maj. in white metal rather than brass?
As I said for england, I wanted it complex. I did have the idea of completely different insignias for each and every ranks but that seems like pushing it a bit too much so instead I did like the US ones and have some of the insignias being identical but with the difference being based on the metal use.
jrichardn2 wrote: Finally I'm pretty sure the general's device should be a cutlass crossed with a baton, not another cutlass.
I guess that one is just my personal taste being similar to other countries' insignias (like Ireland) and doesn't have any specific reason for it beyond that.
Great work.
thanks.
Marc Pasquin

Return to “HYPOTHETICAL RANKS”