International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Ad Astra

screenshots from the upcoming sci-fi movie Ad Astra. I've been wondering what uniform this is meant to be. It appears to be a dark green jacket and tie with a black shirt. At first I thought the the main character, who is an astronaut, was meant to be part of a future "Space Corps" but one scene shows a "Army Corps of Engineers" emblem behind the assembled astronauts.
Attachments
AD-ASTRA.jpg
Marc Pasquin
dcfowler
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Re: Ad Astra

Probably just a future Army dress uniform, based on the one before Army blues were introduced.

Hey, everything old is new again, since pinks and greens are making a comeback. Maybe Army green will as well someday.
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

This shade of green reminds me more of the CAF army uniforms than the old US ones (which were olive drab in colour). Just an observation.
dcfowler
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Torg003 wrote:This shade of green reminds me more of the CAF army uniforms than the old US ones (which were olive drab in colour). Just an observation.
(US) Army Green is Pantone 553.

Olive green is Pantone 574. Or alternatively olive drab is Pantone 455.

They are all quite different.
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

dcfowler wrote:
Torg003 wrote:This shade of green reminds me more of the CAF army uniforms than the old US ones (which were olive drab in colour). Just an observation.
(US) Army Green is Pantone 553.

Olive green is Pantone 574. Or alternatively olive drab is Pantone 455.

They are all quite different.
Fair enough. I was under the impression (thought I read it somewhere) that the US Army uniform was olive drab, I stand corrected.
I still think that the green uniforms in Ad Astra look more like the original Canadian Armed Forces green. Just my opinion.
dcfowler
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

[quote/]Fair enough. I was under the impression (thought I read it somewhere) that the US Army uniform was olive drab, I stand corrected.
I still think that the green uniforms in Ad Astra look more like the original Canadian Armed Forces green. Just my opinion.[/quote]

The new US Army uniforms, still being rolled out are callbacks to the World War II era pinks and greens, or really, brown over khaki.

Return to “FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA”