International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
some guest

European Union Rank Insignia

Hi guys!

As someone who doesn't really know much about the military, I just wondered what those "European Union" rank insignia are for? Are they actually in use? Why are the ranks all in German?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

1) I dont think the EU actually has a military yet (keyword: yet), however as it beigins to move towards "One Europe, One nation" (thats how I see it anyhow) it will develop its own military.
2) The ranks are in German, because Germany plays a very big role in the EU, as does France.
sadion
VISITOR
VISITOR

i don't think they are used.
sadion
VISITOR
VISITOR

they may be a fake or an only a proposal...law etc...not real not at the moment
DML
VISITOR
VISITOR

At the moment they are not used; the rankinsignia are only a proposal for a EU Army in the future.
ELSUPREMO

Actual rank badges EUROPE

I have seen actual examples of the insignia of grade for the Admiral, Air Force General and Army General of Europe. I have no idea why these were created except, perhaps, as curiosities for a collector. Any thoughts?
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

would you happen to have an image of these or be able to give a description ?
Marc Pasquin
Jankas
VISITOR
VISITOR

Do you have any pictures of these uniforms ?
ELSUPREMO

The insignia of grade for European Union Admiral, Air Force General, and Army General that Ihave seen are designed exactly as shown in the images on this site. I suspect they were created as examples or samples and not as badges that were intended for any immediate use.

Return to “INTERNATIONAL RANK INSIGNIA”