International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

removing the digital watermark

Is this is any way possible?

I totally understand why Pavel did this as the images on his pages have appeared on Wikipedia articles and what not without the authors asking for permission, etc. However, I have no desire to use his images for anything other then personal use - playing around, modifying for my personal collection, etc. Not to mention that I feel that it ruins the images.
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

WATER MARKS

hI i HEARTILY AGREE WITH CHRIS.
I thought the information was for sharing with everybody, indeed we used to have a print facility so we could all add to our respective collections.
dO WE NOW ALL TAKE THIS ATTITUDE AND KEEP ANY NEW INFORMATION TO OURSELVES?
Surely that,s not the site was intended to do?
I vote we ask the administrators to rescind this and go back to the old ways.
I await your comments.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers smilies-06 smilies-06 smilies-06
60bill
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

images

You could always use the clone tool, time consuming and far from perfect.
I also have a number of pages from the site that I use for personal use and in general I agree with you.
It's understandable why people get angry, especially when they see individuals flogging CD’s full of their work.
Maybe the answer could be pdf downloads available to members only with certain safeguards, such as being barred from the site for misuse?
Fear is the best weapon
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Hi Everyone!

I also agree with Chris, although I can see using the watermark if any our insignia illustrations find their way into places like WikiPedia.

Maybe we could have it at least similar to the old ways, perhaps with a paid membership or something similar, where paying members get to see the insignia without the watermarks, with all others being able to see our insignia only with the watermark.

I'm not sure how we'd go about doing something like that, but perhaps if we can all put our heads together and "brainstorm" this matter, we might find a solution of some kind.

Chuck Anderson
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)”