International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Putting Members' Illustrations in Our Forum's Encyclopedia

Hi Everyone!

It would be a nice idea if members' UniformInsignia Forum's rank insignia illustrations could be included in our Encyclopedia section.

In our case, it could give members' a chance to display their insignia illustrations outside of our regular Forum, (while still showing that our Forum still has a lot of Members' input even when the actual Forum is unavailable.)

When UniformInsignia Forum was offline for such a long time, people could access our Encyclopedia, but all of the excellent insignia illustrations by our Members' was lost.

It could be like some of the other forums on the Internet (such as those with aircraft profiles), where there are Members' Galleries displaying their illustrations.

It could be navigated something like this:

SEARCH ENCYCLOPEDIA

Search Insignia
Choose Insignia

Rank Insignia

Members' Insignia Artwork

Our Members' insignia illustrations could still live on, and be accessable even if our Forum is not (as it had been for such a long time.)

I'm willing to help set this up if required.

Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR, UniformInsignia Forum
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Putting Members' Illustrations in Our Forum's Encycloped

Yeah, I'd be up for that.

I tend to keep updating my illustrations from time to time to make them more accurate so there are often a number of versions of each insignia set on the forum. Drop me a line and I can supply original versions of the most up-to-date artwork.

smilies-01
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Medic_in_Uniform wrote:Yeah, I'd be up for that.

I tend to keep updating my illustrations from time to time to make them more accurate so there are often a number of versions of each insignia set on the forum. Drop me a line and I can supply original versions of the most up-to-date artwork.

smilies-01
Hi Medic_in_Uniform!

I was thinking rather than have our work just in the Forum, that we could also display our work in the ENCYCLOPEDIA itself!

Perhaps the section could be called something like MEMBER GALLERY
In some of the aviation profile forums that I belong to, members
can display their work both in the Forum and in their Member's Gallery.

As our Forum was inaccessable for such a long time, people could still access our ENCYCLOPEDIA.

If our insignia artwork could also appear in our ENCYCLOPEDIA section (as well as in the Forum), our artwork could still be seen even if (God forbid) our Forum goes offline again!

Chuck Anderson
UniformInsignia ADMINISTRATOR

cbakiteskites@yahoo.com

It could be called something like
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I understood your intention to open these up to the Encyclopedia as well the Forum.
smilies-01

In actual fact, some of the Encyclopedia entries still require some minor corrections — for example, compare my most recent illustration of the British Royal Navy officer insignia to Pavel's original Encyclopedia illustrations, which have always had some inaccuracies but have never been corrected.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)”