International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---Republic of ROTUMA)

Hi Everyone!

Presented here is the flag and maps for the Republic of Rotuma.
Rotuma is a dependency of the Republic of Fiji, and in 1987, they declared independence as the Republic of Rotuma, though their effort was defeated by the Fijian government. Though still a part of Fiji, discontent remains on the part of Rotumans for independence from Fiji.

For those wishing to contribute their own insignia of rank charts, would Rotuman military insignia of rank reflect that of Fiji or Great Britain, or would they have a style of their own, perhaps using the star designs from their national flag?

Chuck Anderson
UniformInsignia Forum Administrator
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
Attachments
ROTUMAN MAP and FLAG,,.png
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Re: SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---Republic of ROTUMA

Hi Everyone!

Rotuma would not have a large population once independence came (if ever), so it was my feeling that they would probably have a small force such as the Rotuman Constabulary.

Just enough to keep the peace, guarantee their territorial sovereignty and maybe keep Fiji at bay.

I have just four ranks: Constable, Corporal, Sergeant and Captain, (the Captain functioning like a chief of police.)

These are pretty basic ranks, and the insignia of rank illustrations depicted here are just one idea to "start the ball rolling", should our readers wish to contribute ideas of their own.

Chuck Anderson
UniformInsignia Forum Administrator
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
Attachments
rotuman constabulary.png
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Just for discussions sake:

Considering that the force is small and mostly concerned with law enforcement, I think that the highest appointment/rank would be Chief Constable, with, say, one Deputy Chief Constable, two (?) inspectors and several constables (the island's population is about 2000, so no elaborate structure would be needed). The CC would probably have two or three Rotuman (stars? suns?), the DCC two, and the inspector one.
Visit [url=http://www.kolozsvar.ro]my city !!![/url]
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

If you have inspectors, why wouldn't the top rank be Chief Inspector isntead of Chief Constable? You could have a Chief Inspector and a Deputy Chief Inspector as well as a few Inspectors (with the ranks as you described). You'd need some Senior Contables besides the regular Conatables.

Alternatively, you could have the top rank Cheif Superintendent and a Superintendent as the deputy rank, follewed by Inspector.

Even if the force is small, you'd have to have the ability for senior members to get promoted other than filling the top job (as that's only one position).
I could see them having a Chief of Police and Deputy Chief as the top two administrative ranks and having three 'officer' type ranks and three non-commisioned type ranks underneath them. Even small organisations need some sort of room for advancement to keep experienced memebers.
Just a thought.
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Because they would hold to the British tradition, where the chief of the police force is known as Chief Constable or Commissioner of Police. Now, given that they would have a force much smaller than the Met, a more elaborate structure would not be needed (the Met has almost as amny officer-equivalent ranks as the British Army), hence the "selection" of ranks.
Visit [url=http://www.kolozsvar.ro]my city !!![/url]

Return to “HYPOTHETICAL RANKS”