International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---SOUTHERN CAMEROONS)

Hi Everyone!

Presented here are the map and flag for the Republic of Southern Cameroons, (a nation seeking independence from the Republic of Cameroon.)

For those interested in drawing insignia of rank charts for Southern Cameroons, would this nation's rank insignia take the French pattern (as found in the Republic of Cameroon, from which it is seeking independence), would it follow a British pattern or would it perhaps choose a rank insignia system different from both systems.

As for any air arm of the Southern Cameroons armed forces, what form might their military aircraft roundels take?

Chuck Anderson
UniformInsignia Forum Administrator
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
Attachments
SOUTHERN CAMEROONS MAP and FLAG.png
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---SOUTHERN CAMEROONS

Looking at the map, you'd think Western Cameroons would be a more appropriate name.
But anyway, I would suppose that using French style ranks would be the easiest, but could see them doing something different, as they do use stars in their flag (would probably use them in their rank insignia).
Mabye a combo of French rank stripes and use of stars for officer ranks. Use 1-3 gold stripes for junior officers, 1-3 gold stars for senior officers, and for generals, use 1-4 bigger gold stars beneath the bird shown on the flag.
As for the non-commissioned ranks, probably use a sequence of point up chevrons.
Just off the top of my head, someone could easily come up with something more interesting.
NJSMITTY348
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---SOUTHERN CAMEROONS

Mr. Anderson, I'm intrigued by your inquiries concerning possible future new states and the rank insignia they might adopt.I've looked at three historical examples Biafra defeated, Eritrea victorious and Turkish northern Cyprus defacto existance.
Biafra chose to closely follow the British example as of course Nigeria had. The General officer design is quite a departure from British insignia. On the other ranks side we have only one warrant officer. I wonder if he performed WOII duties or those of WOI?
Eritrea as part of Ethiopia once used British style insignia. Then the regime underwent a substantial change. Eritrea successfully separated itself from Ethiopea. The rank insignia seems to be carefully chosen so as not to indicate colonial heritage or political association.
Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus seems to have adopted insignia though definitly not Greek is not conspicuosly Turkish inspired either.

Return to “HYPOTHETICAL RANKS”