International Encyclopedia of Uniform Insignia
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

Hypothetical Canadian Ranks

Here's an idea for CAF ranks that are based on more tradition rank structure but keeping the current look. Just as a note, I didn't include appointment ranks, the senior appointments would remain the same, but I would include a junior appointment of Master Corporal. It would be 2 chevrons with a crown above and would be worn by the most senior corporal/seaman in the unit. Just as a note, Master Corporal in the CAF is technically an appointed rank now, just treated as a substantive rank.
The rank of Leading Aviator might look better with a 3 bladed prop but I don't have an image for that.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TorgBB/media/hh-ranks-non-commissioned-members-4_zpsoybo91qn.png.html]Image[/url]
Torg003
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: Hypothetical Canadian Ranks

As far as the RCN ranks go, the chevron ranks would be worn on the left upper sleeve with the traditional "anchor" ranks worn on the right. This would only be on the DEU jacket, cloth slides would only have the chevron ranks.
The ranks of OS and AB2 wouldn't have anything on the right DEU sleeve, but AB1 would have a knotted rope insignia. Master Seaman would have a single anchor topped by a crown.

Return to “HYPOTHETICAL RANKS”